Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, December 03, 2017

The Lover and the Liar

It's been awhile...but what else is new.

I feel like my life is in shambles, when in reality things are going really well. I have a very good job, and I kick-ass at it. I love my job, but it's everything outside of my job I need to work on.

I've been having trouble writing lately because I'm 31 years old, and I'm worried if I don't focus on finding the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, I won't.

The problem is that I'm kind of a hermit and don't really enjoy going out to bars or clubs anymore. Maybe when I was 21.

Online dating has not been going so well either. Is it so difficult to find someone who genuinely has their head on their shoulders? Has a job, a car, and a place of their own or with roommates? It cannot be this difficult.

I am trying to be more social in general though. Attending poker nights, onesie parties, our Holiday ugly sweater party, etc. I don't anticipate to meet anyone at any of those, but it will still get me out of the house.

The next few weeks are going to be kinda crazy for me. On Monday, I have a new intern starting. On Tuesday, a second intern will begin.

On Wednesday night, I'm taking a red eye with my coworker at midnight to New York. I am so excited, anxious, nervous. I've never been, and even though we will only have maybe 2-3 hours to explore anything. Apart from that, we will be producing a Gotham Themed Event equipped with a Two-Face Dj, Poison Ivy Greeter, Batman/Catwoman servers, Riddler and Harley Quinn servers and a Joker Magician. It's going to be a lot of fun. I am really excited for all of it.

I'll be in New York for a whirlwind 48 hours and then I will be headed back to Vegas on Saturday morning. The following week, I will be headed to San Francisco on the 15th. Quick trip again, no more than 24 hours. That one is a Studio 54 theme. Before that however, we have our third intern starting on the 12th. We are growing quickly.

When I come back, I'll be home for about a week before I am headed back to Oregon for my Christmas vacation. I'll be in Oregon for five days, and then I will be jetting back home on the 27th. And then it's freaking New Years. This year flew by. Every year that passes does so faster than I can imagine. I'm really running out of time and freaking out a little about it.

One thing that's happened a couple of times recently is I've been told that I need to do stand-up comedy. I don't think I'm that funny, but apparently the way I tell stories is very animated. I feel like it's been this way my entire life, I just figured people laughed cause they were uncomfortable. Haha. I figure I will try to write down some of my stories/memories and recite them to people and see if they laugh and go from there.

I know I am jumping all over the place, but I am really proud of myself. I need to pay off some credit card debt so that it will eventually allow for a car payment. In the last 2 months, I've paid off 3 cards totaling $1550. Right now, that only frees up about $75/month - but I am getting there. I've been really diligent in putting down payments whenever I can. I am working towards getting a new car and renting a house all in the same month/time - May. That gives me five months to free up more money. Ideally, I'd like to pay off another 3 cards by then. With the way things have been going, I don't see that being a problem.

I've been writing down my wants and desires. I know it's best to speak things into existence. I'm anxious to see how it goes.

Listening to:

Another Day - Mest
Better Open the Door - Motion City Soundtrack
Thanks Fr Th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
Walking on Broken Glass - Mest

No comments: